Please note: A single ticket is good for everyone in one location/ in front of one screen. This can be in your house,
hotel room, bathroom... You will only need one admission!
The Zoom link for your event is good for one household! Talk about a great deal!
The Salem Haunted Magic Show began in 2011 with its debut performances at the Hawthorne Hotel. At that time we only presented about 17 shows across the whole month of October. Now 7 years later, we do a minimum of 48 performances and open our show in September, ending in November. We've always been a small operation, mostly family and close friends work with us to make each year's production something different and special.
Every year we design a completely new show! In 2017 we focused on phobias and the things that scare us the most. In 2016, our direction was to highlight the bizarre and often scary history around mental asylums. Each time, we construct our show, we intentionally craft in messages and lessons about the subject at hand. In 2014 we did an entire show just on the negatives and manipulative techniques of fraudulent psychic mediums. We demonstrate various techniques and routines that give the audience a first-hand look at sometimes ancient techniques that people still use today to con and scam innocent people.
No matter when you come to our show you will always see new and interesting material focused around one particular theme. In fact, you could see our show in 2018 on Friday and come back Saturday and see a totally different show! That's not because we change material, far from it. Our shows have always been highly interactive and we thrive on getting audience members involved in the show.
OUR SHOWS FOR 2020 WILL BE COMPLETELY VIRTUAL. THERE WILL BE NO IN-PERSON PERFORMANCES FOR THIS YEAR DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC. WHILE WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOU ALL IN SALEM, IT'S JUST NOT SAFE FOR EVERYONE.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SHOWS ARE SCHEDULED IN EASTERN TIME
What to Do/Expect:
- The show will be 75 minutes in length with no intermission
- Please log in to your show at least one-half hour prior to your scheduled showtime. Your Zoom show link will be emailed to you prior to the show. The link will be sent to the email you provided when you purchased your tickets.
- Make sure you have a solid internet connection (a wired ethernet cable connection is best! But WIFI will work.)
- While you'd do not need a Zoom account, it is recommended that you download the free Zoom software. Which you can do here.
- Please note: We are not responsible for Your internet connection. If you have a bad connection, move closer to your router if possible or disconnect and rejoin the show. We can not troubleshoot your connectivity issues - please, please, please double check your connection before signing in. You can check your internet connection at speedtest.net
- Please sit close to your screen so you can participate if needed.
- Keep your camera turned on for the duration of the show. Your mic does not need to be on.
- Get familiar with the Zoom controls. Practice muting and unmuting yourself, and familiarize yourself with the Zoom layouts.
- If you are using a webcam, please make sure it is secure and will not shake or wobble during the performance.
- Place your computer, tablet, or phone on a sturdy table. Do not place your device on your lap where it can bounce and move.
- Your ticket includes as many people as you like IN your home at the same time. Each ticket is connected digitally to each paid audience member. If non-ticket holders try to sign in they will be removed immediately.
- Please make sure all background noise, music, or television is turned off.
- It's best to watch the show in relative darkness.. it is a haunted show after all.
- You are not under any circumstances permitted to record the performance in any way.
- If you do participate please rest assured knowing that we Never embarrass, insult or make fun of our audience guests on stage. You will not be hypnotized, put into a trance, or made to do anything that would be upsetting or embarrassing.
- All tickets are non-refundable, but you are welcome to gift them to someone else.
- There are no age restrictions for our show, however, we would recommend that children under 7 years old not attend.
- Our show does not feature any pop-out scare animatronics, actors, or other classic haunted house elements. The show is a mix of visual and psychological frights.